Monday, February 10, 2014

ONE YEAR!!!! 02/13/14 POST ON 02/09/14



All right so I titled this letter one year because this Thursday will be my year mark or as my mom said HUMP DAY....hahah so yeah I'm heading over the hump right now.  Gonna be starting year number two....its actually crazy that I'm to this point in my mission. Most missionaries spend a lot of their time saying I'll be comfortable when I'm at six months in the mish then you hit six months so you say you know I'll be good when I'm at a year....but the thing is if you are getting comfortable as a missionary you are not growing as a person. You can't be comfortable. You need a little stress, you need trials, you need to adjust your teaching, adjust your own personality,  adjust to comps and so on and so forth....you can't be comfortable as a missionary. That is one thing that I have really learned so far in the mission and I cannot believe its all ready half way over....Technically its more than half way over cause my release date is in Jan. not Feb.....My follow up trainer who is a zone leader right now goes home this transfer.....It's gonna be way weird.  A lot  of the people that I now know in the misson are home or going home....So for this week it was okay.  We had two days where it was a pretty rough time...we got punted and just had a hard time finding.  So what we did was went to our Branch president and just sat down with him and talked some stuff out explained what is going on what help we really need and stuff.   On Sunday it was awesome our BML started doing his calling and things just started going better. We have some families that we are teaching and we went to give them IBDS but we want to make sure they will at least go to church that first time before we give it to them. But things are looking in an upward direction for the area, as long as the members are doing their jobs the work will progress! I love the fact that I'm growing closer to the Savior every day. I can truly see the influence His atonement has had in my life. A gift from a friend has a scripture engraved in it and its this wonderful scripture alma 44:4 its a wonderful scripture.

Love,
Elder Hansen

Here is the scripture

Alma 44:4
 Now ye see that this is the true faith of God; yea, ye see that God will support, and keep, and preserve us, so long as we are afaithful unto him, and unto our faith, and our religion; and never will the Lord suffer that we shall be destroyed except we should fall into transgression and deny our faith.
 Krispy Kreme a luxury!
 HUMP DAY! 02/13/14
Way to go Elder Hansen on faithfully serving for one full year!  This package also included a stuffed camel and some Valentine treats for He and Elder Urcia!  (Yes, I drew that camel!  I have camel skills!  So if anyone is in dire need of a camel drawing I'm your girl! Ha Ha!)
 
 
Elder Hansen did not go into detail other than this is me with a monkey.  I'm sad it is chained up. Probably someone's pet.  What this picture depicts to me is boys are boys no matter where they come from, of course they are drawn to a soft, sweet monkey!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment