Monday, January 13, 2014

01/13/14 "Another Day In Paradise!"

( Today is One month away from Elder Hansen's One Year Mark!)

Alright so I'm very excited about this week!!!! This past week was a great week for me and my companion Elder Flores! The one thing I want to start out with is the fact that the Lord is here to bear us up especially when we are doing the right. Like I expressed last week I was pretty frustrated with myself and the area...so I kind of looked back on some things that I could do better.  I thought about how I could change my attitude or force myself to change my thougths to positive ones and just put my head down and got back to work and didnt think about the last week. The most amazing things can happen when you do that! This entire week was just great. I had a blast we had a lot of people working with us we are  finding some new investigators to teach (slowly but surely) and my attitude was way better. I can promise you that as you just always put the Lord's work first, what is important for us to do for HIM first,  everything will be okay. I experienced that this week and I am very grateful for that experience.

So yesterday we were working and we actually had some of the SA's even join us from the other branch. As we were out working we stopped by a less active's house way up in the mountains,  bukid area where like there isn't electricity and what not to share a quick message.  But before that I noticed a man,  his neighboor was outside. They told me that he was an English speaker so I went to talk to him. Turns out he is from Virginia and is living here with his family and has been here for the past five years. It was the most random place for me to run into this guy but it was all good. He knows all about "The Mormons" because as soon as I said I was from Utah he knew exactly what religion it was...it made me laugh. But he was a nice guy. And he told us that we could come back and teach him and his family if we wanted to. Other than that I don't have much to share exept one or two scriptures that one of the area presidency shared with us on Sunday.




 In the two scriptures that I will share you will learn the difference or how more effective the Scriptures and the Holy Ghost are compared to the sword. In Alma20:21-23 King Lamoni's father is at the point of sword of Ammon.  He realizes that Ammon is about to slay him so he pleads to Ammon that he is willing to give up half of his kingdom. Now think about that he was willing to give up half of his kingdom just to have his life spared. But if we jump to Alma 22:15 we will learn that the King after he had heard of the things which Aaron had expounded the king said unto him "what shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I WILL GIVE UP ALL THAT I POSSESS, yeah I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy.
That is one thing that I learned last Sunday and it really hit me hard how powerful this gospel really is. People are willing to give up their kingdoms just to know God. I love what I'm doing
Love Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment