Thursday, December 18, 2014

12/15/14 6 weeks left!

Elder Hansen has written mostly personal emails this last couple weeks, so I have not shared them.  However, he is doing great and loving the mission.  He informed us that he is going to be released as an Assistant to President Monahan on December 19th and will become a trainer in a different area!  He has loved assisting  the President and working with the missionaries.  But he is very excited to welcome in  and train a new missionary.  He is also very excited to get out and teach and find again, more than he was able to as an assistant.  His time has been precious though under the direction of President Monahan and his wife.  I know he will miss them dearly.  He is very sad that his mission experience is coming to a close.

12/15/14


I will keep this really short. You all probably thought that me Elder Hansen was a barren missionary because I never trained, and now coming up on my last six weeks in the mission you were probably thinking that there is no way that he will train someone...well if you thought that way...you were wrong. haha I will be training for my last six weeks and im soooooo excited!! It will be an eye opener  given the circumstances I'm in right now. and it will be fun!!! Life is great here in Urdaneta!!
love,
Elder Hansen
 
 
 
(Excerpts from family letter)
 
 
 
Hey family thanks for the awesome pics that you sent of the Pearson party and what not. Dad I thought that what an amazing story that you shared about grandpa. I find it amazing how sometimes we just need to show our love to people and they will feel it. Its actually hard to focus on my email right now because we have to go pick up missionaries who are leaving the mission tomorrow morning. We have to pick them up by 7-8ish at night and their area is pretty far. So it should be a fun night haha. Yesterday we had a PM family go to church!! We were very excited for them. The father is a member who is less active and lives and works in America. We caught word that he came in to town for the holidays and decided to visit them. THEY WENT TO CHURCH! Now I know that isnt a baptism but its a step towards it and whenever investigators make those moves I'm happy!! haha M
I am still waiting on the letter....and im sorry you are still waiting on mine to you. i am just horrible at writing and to be honest dont have a ton of time. We can only write letters on Mondays and when our Monday is like today I won't be home until 10 or so at night....but the weeks are just cruising by. I can't believe that I only have six left in the mission. I'm going to spend those last weeks doing all that I can to help my trainee and to bless the area. (the harder you work, the more beautiful your wife is) hahaha I'm just kidding. I will be doing that because I love the Lord. My friends all seem to be doing good in their missions! it will be weird seeing them in the next months. the first one will be Nate... I love you guys so much. 
 
love, 
Elder Hansen
 
December 7, 
Dad thank you so much for the advice!! I need to read my blessing more often. So I got some crazy news !!!  For my last transfer in the mission President and the Lord want me to train!! So I will train a new missionary which is supposed to be 12 wks but I will train him for 5wks!! So I will be leaving the area I am in and wont be an assistant any more. Its totally fine with me because my batch Elder Uhi is coming in to take my place! It was exciting for me because I will get to work the full time that missionaries are supposed to for my last weeks. I koow the area im going to but I can't tell you yet....On Sunday we had an investigator come to church sister Jean xxxx! she is awesome. We also gave her an IBD for Jan. 10 I really feel that she will be ready for that date! Please pray for her and for her baptism. I will be here in Urdaneta until the 19th and then I go to my new area Dec. 19th.
 
Christmas is coming around the corner now and well so is januaray...the dreaded month.  But one of the most exciting times of my life as well.  A lot of missionaries are really excited to go home but for me, I really dont feel it. It doesn't hit me that I am close to going home. I feel the same drive to go and teach and do all that I can to help people that I felt when I was brand new. Anyway life is going good here and the storm is very far away from us here in pangasinan. We are safe here! haha Ilove you dad 
love, 
Elder Hansen


Christmas Conference 2014
 



Area Conference 2014 December


New Trainers!!!!
 Area Conference 2014 December
 
 
 
 
 

 

--
 

No comments:

Post a Comment